- Workers required to sign ‘no-suicide’ pacts
- Military style managers humiliate staff
- Standing up for over 14 hours a day
- Up to 100 hours overtime a month
- Wages as little as $186 a month
If you’re frustrated at being unable to buy an iPad 2, spare a thought for the Chinese workers who may never be able to afford one of the shiny new gadgets but are literally dying to get them out fast enough to meet Western demand.
A new report into conditions at Apple’s manufacturing partner, Foxconn, has found slave labour conditions remain, with staff complaining of being worked to tears, exposure to harmful disease, pay rates below those necessary to survive and military-style management that routinely humiliates workers.
Read the full article here…